When

When do you know that it is okay to trust someone? How do you just open your heart when you guard it so ferociously? I have given until I gave my all. I have been selfish and spent time "alone" which I still question that is a waste of time. Do we need to spend the time alone to heal or to forget the pain caused to us by others. To forget the lies they told us?

I spent time writing, reading, walking, playing with Mickey, crying, screaming, laughing, and watching tv. I spent moments being creative, and confronted those demons that creep up when you have too much alone time. Then I was over it. So for other people, I am not sure what that time is for, but I do know I must learn to trust again. It is essential because I question the basic motives of people and suspect evil when he/she means me no harm. So I perpetuate the cycle of hurt by attracting this nonsense.

I watched a Mad TV skit one time when the woman went to a therapist. It was Bob Newhart and he told her he could fix all of her problems with two words "Stop it". She was in disbelief, but if you think about it....it is that easy. Just stop. So easy a caveman can do it, but I just can't get the hang of it.

So if I take Bob's advice, I should stop expecting people to lie to me and trust that I will heal regardless of her actions. I have made it this far...Thanks Bob.

Comments

Popular Posts