Mastery of Shining


“Mastery is the mysterious process during which is at first difficult becomes progressively easier and more pleasurable through practice.”


Are you a Master of the Universe – not like He-Man or She-Ra but the Master of your destiny, emotions, and thoughts?  Can it be done? Can you surrender to your greatness or the gifts God has given you and fully become the amazing person you are suppose to be.  Initially, we will say yes.  I fail from fear, living by the opinion of others, or countless other reasons.  Why do you?

Sadly, I discovered I am the person who creates all of my own drama and turmoil.  My mind focuses on what I cannot fix or what I see wrong instead of what I can control or something positive.  I realize I been a novice for most of my life.  A novice is a beginner, not fully having all of the knowledge or skill.  I have not pursued my desire of writing a book out of fear of failure.  I do not share my intimate thoughts out of fear of judgment.   In all of my reading and recent conversation with Zenique, I find that when I judge others, it is my soul looking at my own deficiencies.   I can easily point out mistakes in others, without really looking at my own.  *side eye to self*

To be a master is a mysterious venture.  I wonder why I did not see or question this sooner.  A mystery is something you cannot figure out but with the right clues and/or guidance, you can solve the issue.  As described in quote above, when you start to try to master something there is resistance or difficulty.  You are not mindful of your reactions such as when someone cuts you off, you scream at the car.  Or get impatient when waiting in line. Or, feel rage when you know full well someone are lying to you. This is our novice self.  We react from places of fear, auto-pilot, and ignorance.

Once, we become aware of our reactions, we are taking the first step to mastery. We start to recap what we have done then sometimes allow ourselves to feel shame, regret, and sadness.  We are aware of our actions and what causes that particular action. We question ourselves and begin to search for ways to deal with ourselves.  We read, pray, or ask for advice.  We actively engage in trying to solve the mystery.

We start to look at ourselves differently so we can be better.  Each situation gets easier even though sometimes we may fail.  We catch ourselves faster.  Even when we do fail, those brief setbacks offer an opportunity to resolve deeper issues that we hide, overlook, or ignore. The lesson keeps resurfacing until we learn how to handle the situation. The mystery starts to resolve itself and we become masters of our little universe.  We see people as individuals without judgment.  We accept what live gives us in all forms.  During times of stress or setback, we know that we are not products of our circumstance.  It is how we respond to these circumstances.  We no longer have to control impulses because we are in harmony with ourselves. We do not have impulses, just our truth. Our truth is embedded in all parts of our choices and thoughts.  We no longer allow the delusions from our novice selves to detour us from our greatness.

My awareness of where I am in my journey is allowing me to be than just a novice.  I am better than I was yesterday.  I am elated to know I can master myself.  If you want to be a Master of your little Universe become mindful, actively search ways to improve, and practice.  Nothing but pleasure awaits.

Comments

Popular Posts